At last we can enjoy the latest version of Nuendo, the Steinberg’s DAW oriented to postproduction and sound for cinema, TV and video games.
Among its new features is Game Audio Connect 2, which allows you to transfer musical compositions from Nuendo to Wwise, you can import segments, including audio and MIDI tracks along with cycle and cue markers.
Nuendo 8 also features Direct Offline Processing and Live! Rendering to apply the most common offline processes as a chain effect to one or several selected clips. Renamer automatically assigns new names to events, and the Sound Randomizer plugin instantly creates various variations of a sound like adjusting its tone, timbre, impact and timing.
It is worth mentioning that Nuendo 8 inherits several Cubase features; what used to be the Nuendo Expansion Kit (NEK) now comes as serie. The Sampler Track will allow you to drag and drop audio samples from MediaBay, then play and manipulate them easily. Also included Retrologue 2 synthesizer and the HALion Sonic SE 3 sampler.
Nuendo 8 costs € 1,899. Those who have activated Nuendo or an earlier version since May 10, 2017 can download Nuendo 8 for free.
Check video with Zone Concept below.
- Game Audio Connect 2 for transferring whole music compositions from Nuendo as music segments into Wwise
- Direct Offline Processing for applying the most often used offline processes as a chain for one or multiple selected clips, including LIVE!Rendering
- Sound Randomizer for creating different variations of a sound in seconds just by tweaking four parameters
- Renamer for automatic renaming of events within a Nuendo project
- Sampler track for easy creation of sample-based instruments from audio files
- MixConsole History for undoing/redoing tracked down changes made in the MixConsole
- New effects and updated plug-ins including Frequency EQ, HALion Sonic SE 3, Retrologue 2, AutoPan, Maximizer and more
- User Profile Manager to store and recall program settings and preferences easily
- ADR improvements including automatic speech alignment and remote ADR support (available within a future maintenance update)
- Enhanced workflow and performance including a new video engine, Plug-in Sentinel, the Lower Zone, dedicated punch points, sidechaining for VST3 instruments and over 10 other improvements
Check our FREE DOWNLOAD selection of Bass music releases, guest mixes and many more releases.